Teens Kids About Rachel Fun Stuff Blog Buy a Book

 

Thursday, May 6, 2010

My son is home sick from school today

... so he has volunteered to guest-blog. Here he is!

As a guest blogger, I thought I should address a topic that has some connection to what is usually discussed on this blog. Instead I will talk about staying home from school, which I am currently engaged in.

When I actually go to school, it is very early in the morning. Too few of my classes are interesting (luckily I have the best Global Studies teacher ever, named Ms. Termini – if you’ve read JUSTIN CASE, you’ll know why that’s funny) and then when I get home, I have too little time with my family in between homework and eating. Eventually I go to sleep. I complain about this whole process a lot.

And yet on a day like today, when I am actually not allowed to go to school, because of various medical conditions, there is nowhere I would rather be than in school. Part of this, of course, is that were I in school, I would not be having these medical conditions, which would be nice. Another part is that today (and yesterday, when I was sick as well) exciting developments, such as casting, are happening to a play that I wrote. But the key factor, in my opinion, is that I am not allowed to go. Most mornings, it takes an immense amount of willpower to get out of bed (“an immense amount” is a fun phrase to say, as is “fun phrase”), but if somebody told me right now that I could go to school, I would jump on the bus still in my boxers. Which would not be good for my internal organs or my boxers.

So staying home sick, while not particularly enjoyable, is certainly thought-provoking.

Love,

Zachary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers