Teens Kids About Rachel Fun Stuff Blog Buy a Book

 

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

good news/bad news



Today some good news and some bad news:

First the bad:
I have been lying flat on my my back like a lox at a brunch buffet all day, because my back is in a spasm. So I'm missing my older son's chorus concert right now. Which he says is fine but it is not. also I'm in pain and mostly mad at myself because this is what ALWAYS happens to me if I don't do a few easy, specific stretches every day. And I haven't done them in a week. So it's even my own damn fault.


But now the good:

1. The phone interview I did last night with Judy Blume through BookTalkNation.com was so much fun and went off without a hitch. Thank you so much to all of you who emailed comments and questions, and also to those who wrote afterwards reassuring us that even though we made each other cry, in a good way, it all came through okay. Judy Blume is such a wonderful writer and an amazingly generous role model and supporter of so many of us, readers and writers alike -- and is also completely honest, smart, interesting -- and FUNNY. 


2. My new tortoise, Lightning, did some good sunbathing today. Welcome to December in NYC!



3. My new JUSTIN CASE book with Matthew Cordell was selected by the Junior Library Guild!



Hooray for JUSTIN CASE: Shells, Smells, and the Horrible Flip_Flops of Doom -- and for everybody at MacKids.com -- and for the Junior Library Guild!


and 4. I think for dinner tonight we will have Ice Cream Sundaes. 



1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you've hurt your back! I hope you're feeling better, now. But hooray for Justin Case and our new friend, Lightning! Good news always outshines the bad, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Followers