Teens Kids About Rachel Fun Stuff Blog Buy a Book

 

Monday, December 20, 2010

Vacation-land




Are you on vacation yet? Any plans? If you could go anywhere/do anything on your vacation this year, what would you do?

I would definitely go someplace warm and sandy where lovely people would bring me fattening drinks with little paper umbrellas in them.
Instead I am going someplace cold and snowy where lovely people will ask me to bring them
toast slices with peanut butter on them.

But there is something wonderful about that, too. (She reminds herself.)

Speaking of nonsequators, I got some good news today: JUSTIN CASE was selected as a Best Early Novel of 2010! Here's the link to that fantastic announcement:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/12/19/868330/winning-choices-for-school-aged.html

AND... it's still in the running for a ReadKiddoRead Book of the Year Award -- but it's got some stiff competition... not mentioning any names but JUSTIN's worthy competition include some of the top bestsellers in kids' books and series... so stand tall, JUSTIN! You are the new kid on the block and still hanging in there.

If you vote for JUSTIN, at this link

http://www.readkiddoread.com/uploads/kiddos.php

I'll be so happy. As happy as if I had an umbrella drink? Maybe.

And that is pretty darn happy.

What would make you happy this season? Peace, love, health, and...???

Love,
Rachel Vail


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the good news about JUSTIN CASE. I put in a vote for you.

    Okay, this is totally gonna sound like bragging, but I am going to my dream vacation spot (Tahiti) in March! Woohoo!

    But until then, I'm stuck in cold CT. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Followers