Teens Kids About Rachel Fun Stuff Blog Buy a Book

 

Friday, December 4, 2009

Nervous

What do you do when you're nervous?

Right now I am waiting for two different phone calls -- one professional, one personal, and I am nervous about both. So what I am doing (in addition to typing, very loudly, as is my bad habit) is:

I am staring at the phone.

This, I know, is unproductive.

A watched phone never boils.

I know, I know.

I have a ton of work to do and wet hair that could use some drying. Or I could play brickbreaker, which I am less olympically bad at than I was when I got sucked into this latest, most useless obsession a few days ago. Or I could prepare for the professional phone call, at least -- make a list, organize my thoughts into questions and goals...

But no, I am just going to sit here with my heart thumping, watching the phone.

Please tell me you have a healthier method of dealing with waiting-for-a-call tension! And tell it to me soon... because this is not a good way.

Love,
Rachel Vail


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers