Teens Kids About Rachel Fun Stuff Blog Buy a Book

 

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

October 7, 2009

I got such a good question in a letter yesterday, I don’t know how to answer it.

So I’m turning to you for advice.

A boy from Florida asked, “What do you think the best last words to tell your best friend before you move away are? I’m in a military family so I think that advice would help a lot.”

Okay, my heart is breaking, and yet pounding. This kid is clearly amazing. How much did he just communicate in those 2 simple sentences? This is a writing tutorial, right there. Next time you think you need multiple metaphors to write something earth-shattering, think of those 2 sentences. Wow. Wow.

But meanwhile, how would you answer his question? I want to write back to him ASAP.

Best last words?

I’ll never forget you?

See you soon?

You’re my best friend?

???

What do you think are the best last words to tell your best friend before you move away?

Love,

Rachel Vail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers