Teens Kids About Rachel Fun Stuff Blog Buy a Book

 

Saturday, June 28, 2014

At SCBWI NJ


Do you know SCBWI? It's the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators, and if you are in the world of books for kids, you either know SCBWI or should. I'm here in Princeton, NJ at the conference, going to lots of sessions and learning about everything from craft to the business side and just getting started.

The morning opened with an absolutely charming and inspirational keynote from Floyd Cooper. He made art right in front of us using a painted board and an eraser -- it was like magic -- and then just told about his life and his journey as an artist. It was awesome. I'm the only other keynoter; so lucky I have until tomorrow afternoon because he is an impossible act to follow.

At lunch I met lots of other authors, including one named Valentina whose adorable daughter, Letitia, is a JUSTIN CASE fan! Valentina shared this photo:


I love it!
I signed the next 2 JUSTIN CASE books for her.

Okay, break (to catch the wild finale of the Chile Brazil soccer game ) is over. Back to the conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers