Teens Kids About Rachel Fun Stuff Blog Buy a Book

 

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

I'm still standing. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Though sometimes now I sit. Ahhh. What a glorious thing to do. Even went saw Les Mis (the movie) which required more sitting than I'd thought I could possibly do, just a week earlier.

I hope your New Year so far has been hugely joyous and successful.

And that it continues just that way.

I have been thrilled to get a bunch of really nice end of the year news, like books of mine on BEST OF 2012 lists, including the new JUSTIN CASE in the Boston Globe,



FLABBERSMASHED ABOUT YOU by Amazon,




and the brand-spanking new KISS ME AGAIN




from both Amazon (who listed it as a best book of December, 2012 even though it wasn't coming out until this week -- on December 26th!) and also this one from Meg Cabot, whom I adore.




(I will definitely be following up on all her other suggestions, btw -- how about you?)


Also my older kid got into his first-choice college, which was hugely wonderful.




(we celebrated.)




Do you make resolutions? I do. What are yours?

Mine:

1. Be more patient (I have resolved this every year since I was 10. IT IS NOT WORKING which pisses me off because I am VERY IMPATIENT and want to become patient RIGHT NOW.)


                                                        (my tortoise, my role model)

2. Do my stretches every day/become extremely strong and fit (so far so good on the stretches. However, I am not noticeably stronger or fitter than in 2012 yet though which is really pissing me off because, well, see above. It is January SECOND already. Come the heck ON, strength and fitness!)




                                                                 (not me. yet.)


3. Enjoy each day. (Again, so far so good. Each of my kids cracks me up many times a day so that makes this resolution much easier.)





4. Finish both the books I have due this year. (shut up. I just got back from vacation. It's not even afternoon, okay, but it is just newly afternoon on January second. Fine, fine. Back to work I go. Luckily I am working on a new JUSTIN CASE book so, see number 3.)




Yours?

Much love to all of you...

Rachel Vail

3 comments:

  1. Rachel,

    If I may call you that. :)

    I really love your books. My favorite so far, obviously is the Kiss Series. I just finished reading Kiss Me Again, all in one sitting- could not stop reading! I love Charlie, and as much as I disliked Kevin at first and his, as Tess would put it, 'boy-slut' ways, I really started to like him more by the end.

    ******SPOILER*** (Just in case anyone reads)

    I have to ask though- is Charlie the one? His forever? It leaned that way towards the end but it was left so open-ended! For example, it seemed more like they were going to try to work it out as siblings, saying they'd only be a little in love, knowing they can't just get together and break up, but then they talk about 'forever' and when Kevin says he's with her. I would have loved a kiss all over the map mention again- it was such a beautiful thing in the first book.

    Also, how could Charlie be okay with Tess' lies and manipulation? And the whole George thing, I felt, was a little quick. One moment, she asks herself, if it's possible to fall in love with two guys at the same time, and then the next, Tess tells her to unofficially break up with George, so she does. It was a little confusing, and I felt a little bad for George.

    Besides the interactions of the coffee shop and introduction to Toby- used for jealousy part, was there more to Charlie getting the job? What happened to the shop, if they were in financial trouble? As it seemed to be.

    Besides all these questions, I really do think the book was well done, but really left me wanting more! I have my hopes up for another book in this series- knowing full well that the ambiguous ending is meant to inspire fan's belief that all ends well, leaving it up to our imagination.

    But, do you think it is possible you may back a third- and final one? Maybe make a little time skip, senior year, them going their separate ways or going to same college and having more freedom to express their passion/romance/love, or, a side story, about Tess, or even better, Sam- I love Sam! Maybe when she's older and in 9th grade, like our initial main characters, and with that appropriate time skip, give us some glimpses into a happily together KevinxCharlie relationship? - If you do read this, you're probably laughing at the sheer idiocy of the idea, but who knows! I think, based on a lot of reviews I've read- people could really go for it and read it, I know I will- and recommend it too!! :)

    Thanks for writing Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are working on Justin Case number #3. My kids have read the first two books multiple times, and they are their favorite books ever. I've read each of them aloud several times, too. My son is nine, and he is SO much like Justin (except that he loves Jell-O). He is a little, skinny worrier, and your Justin Case books make him SO happy. Can't wait for number three! And congrats on the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! Without promising anything, I will just say that I read everything sent to me by readers of my books, and am influenced and touched by what you say. The would never have been a second JUSTIN book -- or a KISS ME AGAIN -- without the requests and agitation from fans of the first books! So -- again -- thank you so much. More (who knows what, but more) to come...

    ReplyDelete

Followers